Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best German Sour Cream Twists recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to German Sour Cream Twists recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Will Save You Money.
Until fairly recently any individual who portrayed concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared burden we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. This needs to happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Read on for some methods to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
A lot of energy is definitely wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not working efficiently. If you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old ones that are more than ten years old. The proper temperature for food is 37F within the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use less electricity. Checking that the condenser is clean, which means that the motor needs to operate less often, will also save electricity.
As you can see, there are lots of little items that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. It is reasonably straightforward to live green, of course. A lot of it really is simply using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to german sour cream twists recipe. To cook german sour cream twists you only need 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare German Sour Cream Twists:
- You need 1 pack (.25 ounce) of active dry yeast.
- Provide 1/4 cup of warm water.
- Use 3 1/2 cup of bleached all-purpose flour.
- Use 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1 cup of butter sliced.
- Take 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 large of egg.
- Prepare 2 large of egg yolks.
- Get 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Take 1 cup of white sugar, or add as needed.
Instructions to make German Sour Cream Twists:
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a bowl and let activate while you complete remaining steps..
- Place flour and salt into a food processor and pulse once or twice to combine. Scatter butter slices over flour and process until butter is thoroughly mixed into the flour, about 1 minute..
- Whisk yeast mixture, sour cream, egg, egg yolks, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; pour mixture into food processor. Pulse several times, just until the dough starts to hold together and clean the sides of the bowl (do not overmix)..
- Remove dough from food processor and divide in half; form each half into a thick disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 2 hours. For best texture, refrigerate overnight..
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190 degrees C). Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Sprinkle a work surface generously with sugar and roll out one of the dough disks into an 8×16-inch rectangle..
- Sprinkle dough with a generous amount of sugar. Fold the dough over in thirds, letter-style, and roll out again; fold as before and roll out and fold a third time, sprinkling dough with sugar each time..
- Finally, roll dough into a 4×14-inch rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick. Repeat process with second dough disk..
- Cut strips from the short side of the dough rectangles, making them 1/2 to 3/4 inch wide. Place strips onto the parchment-lined baking sheets, twisting and slightly stretching them. If preferred, form into horseshoe shapes..
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Cookies will puff up a bit to reveal delicate layers. Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on sheets before transferring to wire cooling racks.
If you find this German Sour Cream Twists recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.