Seared Pork Chops with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce. Great recipe for Seared Pork Chops with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce. Well it's apple picking time again and we still haven't eaten all the previous years apple butter. What a better way to clean up the freezer than making bbq sauce to go on pork chops!
I like Apple butter becaues of the spices in it, but for those how do not like spicey use regular apple sauce yes, you can use sugar free apple sauce. This is a one pan easy clean up dish, and one the kids love to. Smoked Pork Chops with Apple Sauce & Apple and Beets Slaw. You can cook Seared Pork Chops with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Seared Pork Chops with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce
- Prepare 2 of boneless 3/4 inch thick pork loin chops.
- Prepare 6 cups of homemade apple butter.
- It’s 1 of small sweet onion chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of spicy brown mustard.
- It’s 1 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2-3 drops of liquid smoke.
- You need 2 tsp of Montreal seasoning.
- It’s of No-Salt Organic Seasoning (Costco brand).
Reverse seared pork chops served with crisp apple and beets slaw and homemade apple sauce (aka the Awesome Sauce). Prepare the Sauce: Mince the garlic, and set aside. Prepare the Pork: Sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly over the pork chops. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
Seared Pork Chops with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce step by step
- Sweat the onion until translucent then add the apple butter with all the ingredients other than the pork chops and no-salt seasoning. Let simmer for at least an hour..
- Pre heat oven to 350°.
- Let pork chops come to room temperature and dust with no-salt organic seasoning while a cast iron skillet is heating with 2 tbsp oil..
- Get a good sear on the pork chops and flip..
- Let sear on the otherside then cover with the bbq sauce and put in oven for about 12 minutes or until done, still blushing on the inside..
Season the pork chops all over with kosher salt and pepper. While the pork rests, to the pan of reserved fond, add the barbecue sauce and demi-glace (carefully, as the liquid may splatter). Pan seared pork chops are an easy weeknight dinner option. Use your cast iron skillet to make this healthy low carb dinner tonight for your family. Learn how to cook juicy, thick, bone in pork chops with a pan sauce.