Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Chirer Polao/ Beaten rice Pulao recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chirer Polao/ Beaten rice Pulao recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chirer Polao/ Beaten rice Pulao recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Improve Your Mood.
Mostly, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and should be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. A number of foods really do elevate your mood when you consume them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Make a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc are all great for raising your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which increases your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is referred to as the “feel good” chemical substance and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The higher your serotonin levels, the more pleasant you will feel. Not only that, nuts, particularly, are a fantastic protein food source.
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try a few of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chirer polao/ beaten rice pulao recipe. You can have chirer polao/ beaten rice pulao using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chirer Polao/ Beaten rice Pulao:
- You need of chire or beaten rice.
- Take of carrot cut into cubes.
- You need of small onion thinly sliced.
- Use of cauliflower florets.
- Prepare of peas (I have used frozen. You can also use fresh).
- Use of ginger grated.
- Use of of tomato chopped to small pieces.
- Take of green chilies slit.
- Prepare of cashew nuts split.
- Prepare of kishmish/raisins soaked in water.
- Prepare of oil.
- Provide of Salt.
- Use of sugar.
- Get of chopped coriander leaves.
- Get of cumin seeds.
- Provide of bay leaves.
Steps to make Chirer Polao/ Beaten rice Pulao:
- Soak the chire/beaten rice in water. The time of soaking depends on the thickness of the chire. For me it was around 10 mins. Be careful not to over soak the chire as the chire will turn mushy. Add the sugar and salt and mix evenly to chire. Be careful not to break the chire. (this ensures even mixing of the salt and sugar to chire).
- In a kadhai, add oil and heat it..
- Once the oil is hot, add the bay leaves and cumin seeds. You can add the cinnamon, cardamom and pepper corns at this point if you are using..
- As the spices turn aromatic, add the potatoes, carrot and cauliflower and saute them for 3-4 minutes..
- Then add the sliced onions, tomato and ginger, green chilies and saute again for 2-3 minutes..
- Add the cashew nuts, kishmish, peas saute for a minute and then add turmeric powder with a splash of water..
- As the water evaporates completely, lower the flame and add the chire..
- Gently fold the vegetables to the chire taking care not to break the chire..
- Add ghee if you want and cover the chire and steam for 2 minutes. Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves..
- Your breakfast is ready to be served..
Bengali Chirer Pulao Recipe is a twist to the poha variations that you find in other states of India. In Bengal, Poha is a staple breakfast dish and has a mild sweetness taste to it. The addition of raisins and vegetables to the Bengali Chirer Pulao makes this dish packed with nutrients and a healthy menu choice for the school lunch box as well. Chirer Polao/ Beaten rice Pulao is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It's enjoyed by millions every day.
If you find this Chirer Polao/ Beaten rice Pulao recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.