Sugar Cookies on a Stick. Find Deals on Cookie Sugar in Groceries on Amazon. As the cookies cool, the dough wraps around the cookie stick, holding it in place. Use a thin cookie spatula to move the cookies, being careful not to grab them by the stick.
Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended after each addition. Cut the cookies into shapes and place the cut cookie shape on a parchment lined cookie; Poke a stick into cookies. These cookies make great party favors or centerpiece bouquets. You can cook Sugar Cookies on a Stick using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sugar Cookies on a Stick
- You need 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of Butter Flavor CRISCO® all-vegetable shortening or 1 Butter Flavor CRISCO® Stick.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of light corn syrup or regular pancake syrup.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- You need 3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 36 of flat ice cream sticks.
You will need two dozen craft sticks for this recipe. Press dough tightly around the end of the candy bar and the stick. I have made twisted lollipop sugar cookies on a stick and frosted sugar cookies for my daughter's classroom and I was surprised the kids snatched up the unfrosted lollipops over the frosted cookies without a stick. As the original cookie bouquet company we pride ourselves in preparing arrangements of fresh baked, hand decorated sugar cookies that are suitable for any holiday or occasion.
Sugar Cookies on a Stick instructions
- Combine sugar and shortening in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, syrup and vanilla; beat until well blended and fluffy..
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed until well blended. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour..
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place foil on countertop for cooling cookies..
- Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Push ice cream stick into the center of each ball. Place balls 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten balls to 1/2-inch thickness with bottom of greased and floured glass. Decorate as desired; press decorations gently into dough. *Note: If you want, you can paint your cookies before baking them. Mix 1 egg yolk and 1/4 teaspoon of water. Divide into 3 small cups. Add 2 to 3 drops of food coloring to each. Stir. Use clean water color brushes to paint designs on cookies..
- Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Remove the cookies to the foil to cool completely..
Her daughter, Esther Davis, shared the recipe with me and she came up with all the exact measurements, since the original cookies were mixed by feel and taste. These are my favorite cookies and I hope they'll become yours as well. —Helen Wallis, Vancouver, Washington There logo cookies are always a huge hit with my customers. I have sent Cookie Bouquets several times and I am never disappointed and the recipients ALL say how much they love them and how good the cookies taste! How to Make Sugar Cookies on a Stick. Part of the series: Baking & Decorating Cookies.