Soft Sugar Cookies ~Rainbow~. This Recipe is a State Fair Blue Ribbon winner. This is an easy sugar cookie recipe, you don't have to roll it out, and the cookies are soft and chewy, unlike other sugar cookies. Soft Sugar Cookies Sugar Cookies Recipe Cupcake Cookies Cookie Recipes Store Bought Sugar Cookie I love a good, soft, super-thick sugar cookie.
These slice-and-bake treats are soft, buttery, and lightly sweet. What makes makes my Soft Sugar Cookies so soft? There are just a few tweaks that take sugar cookies from crisp to super soft. You can have Soft Sugar Cookies ~Rainbow~ using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soft Sugar Cookies ~Rainbow~
- You need 1/2 cup of Butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of Vegetable or Canola Oil.
- Prepare 2 1/4 of All-purpose Flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cream of Tartar.
- You need 3 of Food dye/coloring.
The trick to these rainbow-inspired cookies is in the layers. See how easy it can be! Bake at. will lose their color. Send your ship to the rainbow dock and declare your love for sweets!
Soft Sugar Cookies ~Rainbow~ step by step
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, egg, vanilla, and oil..
- In a different bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients..
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture; mix well..
- Separate the dough equally into three small bowls. Add desired food coloring to each bowl of dough. Blend until well combined..
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours..
- Roll out each ball of dough into 3 flat rectangles onto three separate sheets of wax paper. Stack on top of each, wax paper side down..
- Roll out each ball of dough into 3 flat (desired thickness) rectangles, onto three separate sheets of wax paper. Stack on top of each, wax paper side down. Freeze, 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Take out sheets of dough, peel off sheets and press together. Roll tightly into a log. Freeze for 30mins-1hour..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut cookie dough into 1/2-inch slices and place on a cookie sheet about 1-inch apart..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Do NOT over bake!.
- Cookies should be soft.
Dare to take a bite out of this sweet and fragrant rainbow. Use your mouse to click on and through the floating hair, clothing, and accessory options for this delicious rainbow sugar cookie! Cakes, cookies, pies, tarts, muffins, scones, short- rye- wheat- and naan breads welcome! Search for something like "no spread sugar cookie" – you want a recipe with no raising agent and a low baking time. Have you ever had a Lofthouse sugar cookie?