Crisco Sugar Cookies. Crisco cookies aren't as common now as perhaps they were in my great grandmother's generation, but they're absolutely, hands down, the most perfect sugar cookie I've had.. Nanny's Sugar Cookies, Crisco Sugar Cookies, Valentine Sugar Cookies. Top crisco-shortening-sugar-cookies recipes just for you.
Super soft cut-out sugar cookies decorated with an easy icing. These Christmas Cut-Out Sugar Curious to see a side-by-side comparison of how cookies made with Crisco and butter compare to. See more ideas about Cookie recipes, Cookies, Crisco cookies. · Crisco Brown Sugar Cookies. You can have Crisco Sugar Cookies using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crisco Sugar Cookies
- It’s 1 cup of Butter Flavored Crisco (or half shortening and half butter).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 tablespoons of milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- It’s 4-5 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of cream of tarter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
View top rated Crisco sugar cookies recipes with ratings and reviews. Chocolate Sugar Cookies, Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies, Snowman Cookies Sugar Cookie Recipe, etc. I used Crisco shortening instead of oil. When it says they melt in your mouth – they truly do.
Crisco Sugar Cookies step by step
- Cream the shortening and sugars together..
- Beat eggs in one at a time..
- Add milk and vanilla..
- Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tarter, and salt in a separate bowl..
- Mix with creamed mixture into one until well blended. A dough should form..
- Cover and chill for at least an hour (preferably overnight.) If you want a drop cookie, just skip this step..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Separate dough into two balls..
- Roll one ball out to about 1/4 inch thickness on parchment paper or a lightly floured surface..
- Cut the cookies to desired shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheet..
- Decorate cookies with colored sugar, candy, or a simple cinnamon/sugar mix..
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden..
- Set out to cool. Once cool you can ice non-decorated cookies..
I chose this recipe from the many sugar cookie recipes because of the two. Try our signature sugar cookie recipe made with CriscoⓇ All-Vegetable Shortening to create Add a dash of magic, and make your next batch of sugar cookies extra soft using Crisco® All-Vegetable. Trusted across generations for its high quality, Crisco® brings to mind memorable family mealtimes and delicious home-made recipes. DIRECTIONS Cream Crisco and sugar together; add egg. Roll in sugar; place on cookie sheet.