Lemon Sugar Cookies. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars and oil until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; stir into butter mixture (dough will be stiff). Beat in egg, corn syrup, and lemon extract.
And just like chocolate chip, they have many different variations. Lemon sugar cookies are what most consider to be "old fashioned". They are made with butter and create a fluffy mound of soft cookie instead with a crunchy sugar outside. You can have Lemon Sugar Cookies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Sugar Cookies
- You need 1 stick of butter, softened.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar, separated.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s of Zest of 2 small/medium lemons.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
Soft chewy lemon sugar cookies are always a hit! A light lemon cookie that will be a crowd favorite. I may be a chocoholic but these cookies got me from the first bite. It was from the first bite of cookie dough because after one taste, I was hooked!
Lemon Sugar Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk together to combine..
- In a medium bowl, using a hand or standing mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and 3/4c sugar until light and fluffy. (about 3-4 minutes or so). Add egg, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined..
- Slowly pour in the dry ingredients and beat just until combined–do not over mix. Roll cookie dough into about 1 1/2 inch balls and roll into the remaining 1/4 cup sugar (add sugar into a small bowl first.) and place about 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking pan..
- Bake 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool before eating..
- Store in an air tight container or freeze. (They never last long in my glass cookie jar lol!).
In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and extracts. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. lemon sugar cookies in cookie pan Lemon sugar cookies (with lemon sugar cookie icing!) As you can see, I have been making these for years! I only wish I could find the original photos and make them larger, I loved making these lemon sugar cookies for Halloween with the kids! This lemon cookie recipe was sort of an accident.