Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Christmas Pudding recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Christmas Pudding recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Christmas Pudding recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Spending less Inside the Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any individual who portrayed concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we cannot adjust things for the better without everyone’s active participation. This must happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. The kitchen area is a good place to start saving energy by going more green.
Changing light bulbs is as good an area to start as any. Obviously you shouldn’t confine this to merely the kitchen area. You should change your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. Although costing a little more initially, these bulbs last as long as ten of the conventional type as well as using a lot less energy. Changing the light bulbs would keep plenty of bulbs out of the landfills, and that’s good. Coupled with different light bulbs, you have to learn to leave the lights off if they are not needed. In the kitchen is where you’ll regularly find members of a family, and often the lights are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. And it’s not confined to the kitchen, it goes on in other parts of the house as well. Do an exercise if you like; take a look at how much electricity you can save by turning the lights off when you don’t need them.
As you can see, there are lots of little items that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Efficient living is something we can all perform, without difficulty. A lot of it truly is basically utilizing common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to christmas pudding recipe. You can cook christmas pudding using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Christmas Pudding:
- You need of shredded suet, vegetarian is fine.
- Provide of dessert spoon mixed spice.
- Use of grated nutmeg.
- Use of ground cinnamon.
- Take of self raising flour.
- Prepare of soft Brown sugar (I used muscovado).
- You need of white breadcrumbs (from stale bread) **.
- Take of sultanas.
- Take of currants.
- Prepare of glace cherries, quartered.
- Provide of chopped almonds.
- Provide of chopped candied mixed peel.
- Prepare of Finely grated peel (zest) of 1 orange and 1 lemon.
- Get of green Apple, peeled cored and finely chopped.
- Get of eggs.
- You need of stout (I used Guinness) ##.
- Prepare of brandy or dark rum, or substitute orange juice.
- You need of brandy or rum, for 'Flaming'. Optional.
Steps to make Christmas Pudding:
- Place first seven ingredients in a large bowl, mix thoroughly, you can use your hands for this, add the fruit, candied peel and nuts, mix well, add the Apple and grated peel. Mix well, use a wooden spoon now..
- In another bowl or jug whisk the eggs, add the stout and brandy / rum and whisk again..
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well. Mixture should be 'dropping consistency, I.e just drop off spoon. If too stiff add drop more stout or orange juice..
- It is traditional for all family members to 'Stir and make a wish' at this point.
- Cover bowl with cling film or a damp cloth, leave overnight for flavours to develope, stir again..
- Grease two 2 pint pudding basins, fill to brim with mixture, pack it down if necessary, cover with a disc of greaseproof paper, cover with aluminium foil or a pudding cloth, tie with string below the rim,fold the foil or cloth over the top. If using a flat bottom basin you can place a disc of greaseproof paper at the bottom to ease tipping out the pudding, remove before step 11 ignition !.
- You now have a choice, either steam the puddings for 8 hours, make sure they don't boil dry. Or, cook in a pressure cooker, cook without pressure for 30 minutes, then at full (15 lb) pressure for 90 minutes..
- When cooked and cooled remove foil/ cloth and paper and replace with fresh. Store in a cool, dry place, will keep 12 months or more if stored correctly..
- When required either steam for two hours or pressure cook at full (15lb) pressure for 20 minutes, allow to de-pressurise before opening..
- Remove foil / cloth and paper, place a large plate on top, invert and shake out pudding..
- Now the 'Best Bit, pour over two tablespoons of brandy or rum and carefully ignite. This step is optional.Allow to flame out, cut in to wedges and serve..
- Serve with your choice of custard, cream(whipped or runny) and/ or brandy butter..
- This pudding is very rich, so be aware when serving !.
- Will post photo of 'actual' pudding when dished up on Christmas day (if I remember !).
- If you don't have a stale loaf, make breadcrumbs from fresh bread and dry, without colouring, in a low oven. *.
- ## You can use 5 fl oz Barley wine (if you can find it !) and 5 fl oz stout ##.
If you find this Christmas Pudding recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.