Turkey Broth Wonton Soup. Wontons are served in a clear Chinese chicken broth. Sometimes with just wontons, sometimes with wontons and noodles Can't wait to try this! Can I substitute ground turkey for the pork?
Pour some of the broth over the wontons and top with scallions. For my wonton soup recipe, I use cassava and tapioca flour to make the wonton dough. I fill the wontons with ground turkey instead of pork or To start making this delicious wonton soup, take out a large pot and combine the ingredients for your soup. You can cook Turkey Broth Wonton Soup using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey Broth Wonton Soup
- You need of Wontons.
- It’s 1 of quarter pound ground pork.
- You need 1 of quarter pound devein deshell shrimp, diced.
- Prepare 2 of scallions.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Shaoxing cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 packages of wonton wrapper.
- It’s 1 each of egg, beaten set aside to seal wontons.
- Prepare of broth.
- Prepare 1 of turkey carcass.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 3 quart of water (or enough to submerge your turkey carcass).
- You need of garnish.
- Prepare 1 of scallion.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro.
My ultimate How To Make Wonton Soup. The secret is the super soft wonton filling and the aromatic wonton soup broth. This easy Chinese wonton soup recipe. Use those leftover turkey bones to make this rich, amazingly delicious Instant Pot Turkey Bone Broth packed full of nourishing nutrients and simple to make.
Turkey Broth Wonton Soup instructions
- Place turkey carcass in water in a stock pot and bring to a boil (20min). Skim off foam and fat from the top. Continue to simmer on low heat for 3 hours. Skim off any foam from the top..
- While the broth is cooking, make your wontons..
- Place pork, shrimp, chopped scallions, minced ginger, soy, wine, sesame oil, salt pepper in a bowl. Mix to combine..
- Place wonton wrapper diagonally towards you. Place a teaspoon of meat onto the bottom corner of the wrapper..
- Fold 3 times upwards. Put your middle finger on the meatiest part of the wonton and twist upwards..
- Dab corners with egg mixture, twist and pinch corners together. Each wonton should look like a little boat..
- When all wontons are done, place in boiling water and bring to a boil. Put in 1 cup cold water, bring to a boil again, put in 1 cup cold water and bring to a boil one more time. It is done when the wontons float to the top. Remove from water..
- Place 5-10 cooked wontons in a bowl. Place broth on top of wontons. Place chopped scallion, chopped cilanto and white pepper on top and serve immediately..
- Since this recipe is for 6 servings, you can freeze and store any uncooked wonton. Frozen wontons can be stored for 2 weeks..
And it's super awesome used in place of regular turkey broth in recipes like this turkey and dumplings soup or this Instant Pot turkey ramen. Wonton soup is a Chinese soup with broth, vegetables, and of course, meat filled wontons! Wor means 'everything' in Chinese so basically this is wor wonton soup recipe is made with with anything or everything in it. Debbie always makes it with the ingredients in the recipe below but you could really. Using your hands or a slotted spoon, gently add the prepared wontons to the simmering broth.