Beef Pot Roast. Pot roasts typically use the tougher cuts of beef—a chuck roast or shoulder roast—which have the most flavor. Slow cooking at low heat is what melts the tough connective tissue between the muscle. Pot Roast – fall apart beef, tender flavour infused vegetables and potatoes smothered in a rich gravy.
Make this pot roast on a cold, rainy day for a cozy dinner that the whole family will love. Pot roast is a beef dish made by slow-cooking a usually tough cut of beef in moist heat, sometimes with vegetables. My Baja pot roast is a kicked-up combination of spicy chuck roast, potatoes, and baby carrots with pico de gallo, jalapeno, green chiles, and Southwestern spices that explode together with every bite. You can have Beef Pot Roast using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Pot Roast
- You need 3 lb of beef roast – seasoned and seared.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of red potatoes – quartered.
- Prepare 1 lb of baby carrots.
- It’s 1 lb of white mushrooms – halved.
- You need 1 bunch of celery – last 1/3 – 1/2 of leafy ends of whole bunch.
- Prepare 1 large of onion – quartered.
- It’s 1 head of garlic – sliced in half horizontally.
- You need 2 can of beef broth.
- It’s 1 of (seasoned) salt, pepper, garlic/onion powder… any favorite spices.
Pot roast was a one-pot wonder long before that was a term for homey dishes that are both inexpensive and require little hands-on Tough, inexpensive cuts of beef are best for pot roast. This is a pot roast dish that I have made for years. While very simple to make, the layers of flavor in this dish are astounding! I hope you'll give it a.
Beef Pot Roast instructions
- turn crock pot on high – add broth (you can also use dutch oven – preheat oven to 300* add all ingredients to pot & cook 4-6 hours – until meat is tender).
- season meat with salt, pepper, etc. – seer in skillet & lay in broth (you can deglaze pan with red wine or sherry then add to pot).
- add all other ingredients & any desired spices.
- cook on high about 6-7 hours – or on low 8-9 hours (until meat is tender) – making sure there is plenty of juice (just add water).
One pot + beef roast + carrots + onions + garlic = food for the soul. Lemme just tell you a little 'ol tale. Pot roast, when made according to a few fundamental rules, can be a totally delicious addition to The Cast of Characters: Chuck Roast, onions, carrots, salt, pepper, beef stock, fresh thyme, fresh. Place the roast back into the pot and add enough beef stock to cover the meat halfway. Add in the onions and the carrots, along with the fresh herbs.