Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Roggenbrot – All Rye Sourdough Loaf [Bakery Recipe] recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Roggenbrot – All Rye Sourdough Loaf [Bakery Recipe] recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roggenbrot – All Rye Sourdough Loaf [Bakery Recipe] recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
Most of us believe that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we have to stay away from them. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. There are some foods that, when you eat them, may improve your mood. When you feel a little down and are needing an emotional pick-me-up, test out some of these.
Make a few trail mix of nuts or seeds. Your mood can be improved by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and so on. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which increases your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is called the “feel good” chemical and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The more serotonin you have, the better you will feel. Nuts, along with elevating your mood, can be a super protein source.
As you can see, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you wish to feel better! Try some of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to roggenbrot – all rye sourdough loaf [bakery recipe] recipe. To cook roggenbrot – all rye sourdough loaf [bakery recipe] you only need 14 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Roggenbrot – All Rye Sourdough Loaf [Bakery Recipe]:
- Use of For the Sourdough:.
- Provide of rye flour.
- Prepare of old/stale bread turned into breadcrumbs.
- Get of rye sourdough starter.
- Provide of warm water.
- Prepare of Main dough:.
- Provide of warm water.
- Take of salt.
- Take of old/stale bread turned into breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of rye flour.
- Prepare of malt syrup (or molasses or honey).
- Use of fresh yeast (or 5 g dry yeast).
- Take of Optional Mix-ins:.
- Get of caraway seeds.
Steps to make Roggenbrot – All Rye Sourdough Loaf [Bakery Recipe]:
- Mix the sourdough ingredients: First mix 300 g rye flour and 30-50 g breadcrumbs from old bread (more will make the bread more chewy and have a nice aroma)..
- Put the sourdough starter on the flour and pour the warm water over it. Mix with your hands until no longer floury. Cover and let rise for 12-16 hours at room temp..
- After the sourdough part is done, it's time to mix the main dough. First dissolve salt in 500 g warm water..
- Put another 150 g of breadcrumbs made from stale/dry bread into a bowl. Pour the salt water over the breadcrumbs, mix and let soak for 1 hour in a warm place..
- In another bowl, lightly mix the 700 g rye flour with the malt syrup/molasses and yeast. In a separate large bowl, add the breadcrumb water, then add the flour mix, and then sourdough on top..
- Mixing from around the edges, gradual work the liquid into the rye flour. When the liquid is all absorbed and roughly mixed, move to next step..
- Next work the dough from the center with your hands, squeezing and bringing together until there's no more flour visible and no more crumbly pieces..
- Once the ball of dough comes together, remove to working surface and cut in two. Fold in caraway seeds if you like here..
- Pattern 1 – for bread with big beautiful cracks in the surface (the bread on the right side in the main photo – Form the dough into a round ball by folding the edges down and around toward the bottom center. Instead of closing the fold neatly, leave it rough and open..
- Put rough fold side down into flour dusted banneton..
- Pattern 2 – for a pretty crackled patter like the bread on the left side in the main photo – Form into a smooth ball, then moisten the top and sides by rolling on a moist towel. Roll in rye flour and place top up in a well floured banneton..
- Let the dough rise 2-3 hours until fully proofed..
- For pattern 1 bread: Gently tip the banneton over and let the dough slide out into your hand (the fold side that was at the bottom of the banneton will be on top). Place the dough fold side up on a baking sheet (the dough on the left side in the photo)..
- For pattern 2 bread: Tip the banneton over and let the dough slide into your hand. Flip it back over so the flour covered, cracked surface is on top (the side that was at the top in the banneton will be at the top again)..
- Bake for 40 minutes at 260°C/500°F with steam. After first 5 minutes release steam and lower temperature to 250°C/480°F and bake for another 25 minutes. Then lower temperature again to 200°C/400°F and bake another 20 minutes. Check doneness by tapping the bottom of the bread – if it sounds hollow it's finished. If not bake for a few more minutes..
I didn't let this loaf go that long, but pretty close. This Danish Rye Bread recipe (rugbrød) is authentic, easy to make and tastes absolutely incredible! Though specifically Danish sourdough rye bread I haven't found anywhere here for purchase. For sourdough it's recommended that you line your loaf pans so the acid in the dough can't react with. An easy recipe for homemade rye sourdough and smørrebrød (open-faced sandwiches).
If you find this Roggenbrot – All Rye Sourdough Loaf [Bakery Recipe] recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.