Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Apple Custard Tart recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Apple Custard Tart recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Lowering costs In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers along with hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared obligation we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living much more green we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen area more green.
Let’s begin with something quite simple, changing the light bulbs. Naturally you shouldn’t confine this to only the kitchen. The usual light bulbs are the incandescent style, which must be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. They cost a little bit more initially, but they last ten times longer, and use much less electricity. Changing the light bulbs would keep a great deal of bulbs out of the landfills, which is good. It goes further than simply exchanging the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is another good thing to do. In the kitchen is where you’ll regularly find members of a family, and often the lights usually are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. Certainly this also happens in other rooms, not merely the kitchen. Make a routine of having the lights on only when they are necessary, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
The kitchen on its own provides you with many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Green living is actually something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. A lot of it is merely using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to apple custard tart recipe. To make apple custard tart you need 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Apple Custard Tart:
- Get 200 g of plain flour.
- Provide 50 g of icing sugar.
- Provide 125 g of butter.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 900 g of crisp sharp dessert apples (about 6 large).
- Provide 150 ml of single cream.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 35 g of caster sugar.
- Provide 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 tbsp of apricot jam, to glaze.
Instructions to make Apple Custard Tart:
- To make the pastry blitz the flour, icing sugar and butter in a food processor, or rub with your fingertips, until you have a mixture that looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the egg yolk and about 2 tbsp cold water and bring together to make a dough. Don't add too much water. Wrap in plastic film and chill in the fridge for 25 minutes..
- Roll the chilled pastry out thinly and use it to line a 23cm loose-based tart tin. Prick the base with a fork and chill again for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line the pastry case with baking parchment and fill with baking beans. You can use ordinary dried beans if you don't have special baking beans (which are ceramic), and I also have a friend who uses loose change..
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the baking beans and paper and place back in the oven. You can brush the pastry with egg white at this stage to make it even more safely sealed. Cook for another 5 minutes or so until completely dried out. Allow the pastry to cool..
- Peel and core the apples, I used a bowl of lemon water to keep them from going brown. Then slice very thinly and arrange in regular concentric circles (quite difficult) in the cooled pastry case..
- Mix together the cream, egg, sugar and vanilla extract, and pour into the pastry case. Bake for 35 minutes, still at 180C/Gas 4 until the custard is just set and the apples cooked..
- Remove the tart from the oven and while hot brush with warmed apricot jam for a shiny, golden finish. Serve warm with vanilla cream or ice cream..
Bake this French tart and your whole. This unforgettable apple tart gets added richness from custard baked right in. This tart is surprisingly easy to make! Remove tart from the oven, cool, then chill. Cut dessert apples into slices the thickness Make the tart the day before.
If you find this Apple Custard Tart recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.