Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect 100% Whole Grain German Rye Loaf Bread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best 100% Whole Grain German Rye Loaf Bread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 100% Whole Grain German Rye Loaf Bread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
For the most part, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and need to be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be really healthy and good for you. Some foods really do elevate your mood when you eat them. If you seem to be a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Eggs, you might be astonished to discover, are terrific at battling depression. Just see to it that you don’t toss out the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the egg yolks especially, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are fantastic for helping to raise your mood. This is because the B vitamins increase the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that tell you how to feel). Consume an egg and feel better!
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try a couple of of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to 100% whole grain german rye loaf bread recipe. You can have 100% whole grain german rye loaf bread using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare 100% Whole Grain German Rye Loaf Bread:
- Provide of Rye Sourdough:.
- You need of whole grain rye flour.
- Get of warm water.
- Prepare of rye sourdough starter.
- Get of salt.
- Provide of Main Dough:.
- Prepare of whole grain rye flour.
- Get of salt.
- You need of molasses or honey.
- You need of warm water.
- Prepare of Optional mix-ins:.
- Use of toasted sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, dried fruits, etc. (or mix).
Instructions to make 100% Whole Grain German Rye Loaf Bread:
- (Day 1) Mix all ingredients for rye sourdough. Cover well and let ferment for 20-24 hours at room temperature. It should become frothy and bubbly..
- (Day 2) In a large bowl, measure out the rye flour, salt and molasses/honey for the main dough. Place rye sourdough from day 1 on top and pour over warm water. Mix with your hands or a sturdy wet spatula for about 5 minutes. It's VERY sticky and more like a "paste" than a dough – you won't be able to knead..
- When well mixed, add any mix-ins and incorporate evenly into the dough by mixing an additional 2 minutes or so..
- My dough looked like this after everything is finished..
- Grease a bread loaf pan with butter or oil and dust with flour. Another option is to line with parchment paper..
- Put in the dough and gently press into the loaf pan. Even out the top with a scraper or your hands..
- Dust top with flour (I used fine ground rye flour)..
- Let rise at room temperature (24°C/75°F) for 2 hours (it's okay if the temperature is not exactly that). It should rise up to the top of the loaf pan..
- While dough is rising, preheat oven to 250C/480F. Put a steam pan at the bottom rack of the oven when preheating for throwing in some boiling water for steam later. Prepare a kettle of boiling water as well..
- After the dough had risen, make a crisscross pattern on the top by gently pressing down with the edge of a pastry card or something similar. (about 5 mm or 1/4 inch or so deep)..
- Total baking time is 70 minutes…. Bake at 250C/480F for 10 minutes with steam. Then remove/release steam and turn temperature down to 200C/400F and bake for another 30 minutes. Remove the bread from its tin and put back in the oven for a final 30 minutes. Removing the bread from the pan lets the sides brown up into a nicer color..
- Let cool completely before slicing (its still cooking when you pull it out of the oven!), preferably waiting until the next day to let the flavors develop..
My favorite part is that the crust gets a caramelized, dark. This recipe will produce a heavy dense tasty loaf of molasses bread. I was disappointed because I was looking for a flavorful rye. NOTE TO SCRUFFY: Just halve this recipe and you can do it in your bread machine. Here is a German bread that is beloved throughout Germany and is also widely enjoyed in Austria and Switzerland.
If you find this 100% Whole Grain German Rye Loaf Bread recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.