Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Will Save You Cash.
Until fairly recently anyone who portrayed concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared burden we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living much more eco-friendly we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. These types of changes need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your cooking area more green.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, particularly if they are not operating as effectively as they should. If you’re in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with styles from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less electricity. The appropriate temperature for food is 37F inside the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use much less electricity. Checking that the condenser is actually clean, which means that the motor needs to operate less often, will also save electricity.
From the above it should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is quite uncomplicated to live green, of course. A lot of it is basically making use of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's chicken shish kebabs & tzatziki sauce recipe. To cook mike's chicken shish kebabs & tzatziki sauce you only need 46 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce:
- You need of ● For The Meat.
- Take of Fresh Chicken Breast [de-boned – fat trimmed – 1.5" cubed].
- You need of ● For The Brine.
- Get of Sugar.
- Use of Salt.
- You need of Liquid Smoke [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get of Granulated Onion Powder [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get of Granulated Garlic Powder [+ reserves for marinade].
- Prepare of Red Pepper Flakes [+ reserves for marinade].
- Use of Italian Seasoning [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get of Ground Cumin [+ reserves for marinade].
- You need of Ground Pepper [+ reserves for marinade].
- Use of Each Dried Cilantro, Dried Chives & Dried Parsley [+ reserves for marinade].
- Take of Paprika [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get of Lemon Pepper [+ reserves for marinade].
- Prepare of ● For The Fresh Vegetables.
- Provide of LG Vidalia Onions [quartered – reserve 1 for chicken scewers].
- Take of Purple Onion [quartered].
- Prepare of LG Yellow Bell Pepper [1.5" chop].
- Use of LG Red Bell Pepper [1.5" chop].
- Get of LG Green Bell Peppers [1.5" chop].
- Prepare of LG Mushrooms [left whole – white & brown].
- You need of Fresh Cilantro Leaves [for serving].
- Get of LG Zucchini [1.5" chop – optional].
- You need of LG Eggplant [1.5" chop – optional].
- Prepare of ● For The Bread Options.
- Use of LG Fresh Garlic Naan Bread.
- Prepare of LG Fresh Thick Flour Tortillas.
- Use of ● For The Tzatziki Sauce [DILL-ICIOUS!].
- Take of EX LG Garden Cucumbers [peeled – de-seeded – shreaded].
- You need of Course Sea Salt [to help drain cucumber fluids].
- Take of Fresh Dill [+ reserves for garnish].
- Use of Fresh Sour Cream.
- Use of Fresh Greek Pain Yogurt.
- Take of White Pepper.
- Provide of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Use of Fresh Lemon Juice [+ 1 tbsp Lemon Zest].
- Provide of Fresh Chives [minced].
- Get of Small English Cucumber [for garnish].
- Take of ● For The Additions & Utensils.
- Take of Olive Oil [for coating chicken].
- Provide of Pam Olive Oil Spray [for vegetables].
- Provide of Metal Scewers.
- Provide of Cheese Cloth.
- Provide of LG Serving Trays [to keep chicken separate from vegetables].
- You need of Pair BBQ Tongs.
Instructions to make Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce:
- Two extra large 2 lb chicken breasts pictured below. ● Authors Note: When purchasing raw chicken, choose firm, never frozen, nicely pink colored, fat and bruise free, organic plump breasts for best results every time..
- Rinse your chicken and cut off anything unsightly. Place in a large bowl and fill with whole ice cubes..
- Heat up 3 cups water and add everything in the Brine section. Mix well and regularly until all salt and sugars are fully dissolved. Allow brine to cool off before adding it to your chicken and ice mixture..
- Mix brine with chicken and ice. Add enough ice cold water to fully cover chicken. You'll want your temperature consistently between 35° and 40°..
- Seal tightly and place in fridge for 4 hours minimum – 8 hours maximum..
- While waiting – create your Tzatziki Sauce. Peel, then half your cucumbers lengthwise. Spoon out all seeds and disgard them..
- Shread and place cucumbers in a strainer with 1 tsp course sea salt. Mix well. Let cucumbers set in the sink for at least an hour – stirring and pressing occasionally. The salt will help to sweat and drain the copious fluids within your cucumbers..
- Rinse, dry and chop your vegetables into 1.5" cuts. Try to be consistent with chop sizes for grilling continuity. ● Authors Note: When cleaning your mushrooms, gently wipe them down with a damp cloth or paper towel. If you rinse them under water, know they'll absorb all of that fluid and you'll end up with a soggy mushroom mess!.
- After an hour – place your shreaded cucumbers in [preferably] cheese cloth or, several sturdy clean paper towels. Squeeze tightly again and again until all fluids are strained. If not, you'll have a runny sauce. Add everything in the ● Tatziki Sauce section together, mix well and chill for an hour minimum. It's best at 2+ hours. Know that as it sits and chills in the fridge, it will take on another delicious flavor all together. Stir your sauce occasionally. Serves 10..
- Following brine – pull chicken from ice water, drain fluids and place in a dry bowl. Using paper towels, gently dab your chicken strips dry..
- ● Cut chicken breasts into 1.5" pieces. ● Place chicken back in bowl. ● Mix in just enough olive oil to fully coat chicken. Then, season [to taste] with your reserve spices listed above in the ● Brine section. ● Allow chicken pieces to marinate for an hour + in the fridge. I put min
e into a Ziplock Bag for space sake but, it's your choice ● Stir or massage chicken occasionally. ● I'll marinate my chicken pieces overnight for fullest flavor..
- Feed your fresh garden vegetables onto your scewers..
- Lightly spray vegetables with an olive oil spray and season [to taste] with your reserve spices listed in the ● Brine section. Then, spray again to seal on dried seasonings..
- Thread your marinated chicken on to your metal scewers with a 1" piece of onion in between each chicken cube. This is an important step for #1: flavor and, #2: even grilling. Lightly season chicken again if desired..
- Clean, spray and fire up your grill..
- Ready your meat, vegetables and breads. Place your chicken on direct heat and your vegetables on the higher rack away from direct flames. ● Turn chicken regularly. Grill 20 minutes then, turn up the heat and char your chicken and vegetables. Know that brined meat is harder to char so, turn your heat up to at least 500°. Be careful not to burn..
- Meat on flames – veggies on top rack..
- Charred chicken and vegetables served in a large bowl. "communal style.".
- Extra large Garlic Naan Breads. They come 2 per pack. You'll need 5 packages. One per person should be enough to fill them up. Especially with a garden, or wedge side salad..
- Lightly spray your bread of choice on one side with spray Pam. To taste – lightly sprinkle on Cumin, Granulated Garlic and Onion Powder, Italian Seasoning and White Pepper. Then, spray again to seal in those delicious spices. Place on hot grill until bread is slightly charred. Charred, not burnt..
- Serve chicken and veggies hot on warmed, seasoned and charred Naan Bread. No garnishes are needed other than maybe some fresh Cilantro and of course, your creamy chilled Tzatziki Sauce. Oh, and you don't want to forget the ice cold beer! Enjoy!.
- It's so cool to get your kids to WANT to eat their veggies! Here's proof positive. My students wake at midnight only to reheat their Vegetarian Style Kebabs wrapped in warmed tortillas with their chilled Tzatziki Sauce! With that, GO TEAM MIKE!.
If you find this Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.