Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Foods You Choose To Eat Will Effect Your Health.
Many people do not fully grasp that the foods you choose can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. One of the foods you ought to be avoiding is just about any foods you get at a fast food location. You will notice that the nutrition in these sorts of is non existent and the negative effects can be very bad. You will be pleased to know that we are going to let you know a few of the foods that you should be consuming every day.
Among the first forms of foods you ought to be eating plenty of, is various berries. The initial thing you will discover about berries is just about any kind of berry has a lot of vitamin C. Additionally, you will find that berries have antioxidants which is not only beneficial to your circulatory system but also for your basic health as well. Most individuals already understand that cells begin to break down with time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet will help keep your cells far healthier for longer periods of time.
If you determine that your health is important to you, you need to take these recommendations to heart. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can discover in any store is in addition not good for you and instead you should be cooking fresh nourishing foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe. To cook brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips you only need 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips:
- Prepare of For the elk.
- Provide 4 lb of elk roast.
- Use 6 slices of bacon.
- Take 1 of LG sweet onion.
- Provide 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 12 of large basil leaves, chopped.
- Get of Around 10 cups beef stock.
- Use 1 bottle of good red wine, I use Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour seasoned heavy w/ garlic salt, white pepper.
- You need of Also seasoned w/ onion powder, steak seasoning, & smoked paprika.
- Use of For the mash.
- You need 3 of LG parsnips, peeled and cubed.
- Get 1 of small head cauliflower, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- Take 2 tbs of butter.
- You need to taste of Sea salt and black pepper.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Provide of Other ingredients.
- Prepare 1 loaf of sourdough french baguette.
- Use of Creme fraiche.
- Take of Grated gruyere cheese.
Instructions to make Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips:
- Chop bacon and fry off in a LG frying pan. Remove to a LG dutch oven..
- Meanwhile, cut elk roast into 1 inch cubes. Remove all silver skin, fat, or tendon..
- Mix flour and seasonings in a LG bowl..
- Fry onion and garlic in the bacon grease until sweated and translucent. Do not brown..
- Add the onion, garlic, basil, beef stock, and wine to the Dutch oven and bring to a boil..
- Add oil to the bacon fat. Roll elk in flour. Knock off excess flour and fry in batches. Add to dutch oven when done. In between batches remove flour from pan and add a little oil..
- Simmer the mixture for 1 1/2 to 2 hours uncovered. Stir often. This should reduce and thicken up nicely..
- Meanwhile add parsnips and cauliflower to a saucepot. Just cover with water. Bring to a simmer and cook until just tender. Drain water. Add rest of parsnip ingredients and mash until smooth, but slightly chunky..
- When sauce thickens and elk is tender, slice baguette on a bias. Butter and slightly toast. Spread creme fraiche over baguette. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with elk and sauce. Serve parsnips on the side. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
This roasted cauliflower & parsnip mash is a flavorful and simple seasonal side dish. Heat milk in a large pot over medium heat until warmed and just under a boil. It's really freakin' good, but it's also fairly flat. It lacks the starchiness of mashed potatoes, it lacks the heft! In playing with alternative options I have found that parsnips and roasted garlic are the magic combination to take cauliflower mash to another level.
If you find this Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.