Tailgater Beer Brats with Zippy Cheese Sauce. Add beer and brats to sauce pan. During the last minute of grilling time Place each brat inside a roll and then top with onions. Spoon the cheese sauce over the onions or serve the sauce on the side.
Serve World's Easiest Potato Salad or Three words: Beer Cheese dip! George Gates of Memphis wrote me to suggest that a fourth. Meathead from AmazingRibs.com shows you how to make a bratwurst tub and save the beer for use in a wonderful gloppy sauce perfect for tailgating. You can cook Tailgater Beer Brats with Zippy Cheese Sauce using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tailgater Beer Brats with Zippy Cheese Sauce
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- Prepare 2 of beers, 12-ounce (I use Becks).
- Prepare 10 of bratwurst.
- It’s 1 packages of cream cheese, 8-ounce.
- You need 2 cup of shredded mild cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of prepared horseradish.
- You need 1 of medium onion, large chop.
- You need 1 can of saurekraut (I prefer Snow Floss).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of caraway seeds.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need of sea salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
This easy quick recipe makes an original #bratwurst even more savory, the jalapeños add the perfect crunchy heat in this dish. Meanwhile, prepare cheese sauce: In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add butter and whisk in flour. Slowly add beer and milk to flour mixture, stirring Stir mixture until cheese has melted and sauce is smooth, then place cooked brats in buns and smother with cheese sauce. Put brats in beer sauce and let simmer.
Tailgater Beer Brats with Zippy Cheese Sauce instructions
- In a medium pot over medium heat, bring the 2 cans of beer to a low boil and boil the brats for 10 minutes and then set aside. If there is not enough room in the pot for all of the brats, do them in batches..
- To make the cheese sauce, reduce the heat and let the beer come to a simmer. Whisk in the cream cheese and then the cheddar cheese. At this point the sauce will be thin. Add the worchestershire sauce and the horseradish. Continue whisking occasionally and let the sauce reduce to the desired consistency..
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onion, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and caraway seeds. Cook until the onions are translucent and then add the sauerkraut. Stir to combine and let the mixture slowly caramelize..
- Throw your brats on the grill and let them brown..
- Serve the brats on a bun topped with some cheese sauce and sauerkraut-onions..
You want to PAR-boil your brats and just finish them off on the grill to get a nice crisp brat with beautiful grill marks. I have been preparing brats this way for many. DIRECTIONS Combine milk and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Add cheese, stirring until cheese is melted and smooth. Beer Brats – The BEST Summer Recipe!