Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Lentil and Ham soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lentil and Ham soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil and Ham soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Improve Your Mood.
Mostly, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and need to be avoided. At times, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this is very true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be super nutritious and good for you. Some foods actually do raise your mood when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Some grains are actually wonderful for repelling bad moods. Barley, millet, quinoa, etc are excellent at helping you be happier. They can help you feel full for longer as well, which is a mood improver. Feeling starved can be terrible! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are easy for your stomach to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps jumpstart a rise in your sugar levels which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place.
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try these tips instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil and ham soup recipe. You can have lentil and ham soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lentil and Ham soup:
- Get 1 1/2 cup of dried lentil.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked diced ham.
- Provide 1 cup of diced carrots.
- You need 1 cup of diced celery.
- Provide 8 of tsps of tomato sauce.
- Take 1 cup of water.
- Provide 1 quart of chicken broth (low sodium).
- Use 1 of bay leaf.
- You need to taste of onion powder.
- Get of pepper to taste1/2 tsp oregano.
Instructions to make Lentil and Ham soup:
- Mix lentil, carrots, celery and ham in large pot. Season with onion powder, oregano, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes..
- Stir in water, broth, and tomato sauce. Cover and simmer on low heat for 2 hours or until lentils are tender..
- Remove bay leaf before serving. Serve immediately with bread..
I also add rice (any kind, but the short sweet brown rice is great) or barley, which is my favorite for it's thickening powers. Risi e Bisi, Italian Rice and Peas. Try this hearty soup for supper with chunks of rye bread to dunk. All you'll need to finish a comfort food supper is some apples and cheese for dessert. I actually didn't have lentils but picked this recipe anyway because of the spices and other ingredients.
If you find this Lentil and Ham soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.